10 Sep SEN Secondary Teacher
Secondary SEN Teacher
Forward Teaching are looking for an inspirational secondary SEN teacher who is passionate about the subject and about communicating this to young people with Autism. You will be experienced in working with pupils who are on the autism spectrum disorder and be highly skilled in using approaches known to be successful for pupils with autism such as TEACCH and Visual Support Strategies.
You would want to make a positive difference to the pupil’s learning journey and care about their well-being.
The post is based in the London borough of Wandsworth starting ASAP.
Applications are welcome from exceptional practitioners, whether newly qualified or experienced.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- Experienced and passionate about working with pupils who have autism
- A dynamic teacher who will inspire and motivate our learners
- Experience in ASD, TEACCH
- Experience of AAC
- Can set up structures, routines, visual timetables
- Ability to advise on communication strategies
- SLD/Semi formal curriculum
- Driven by a passion for making learning fun, exciting and challenging at the same time
- Confident in responding positively to challenging behaviour
- Committed to inclusive education and raising standards
- Able to inspire the best in every student
- Able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
Benefits the candidate can expect:
- Support and guidance from a highly effective leadership team that nurtures strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent training and CPD to develop your skills and career
- a great staff team
- Our private Health Care Plan
- Access to our nursery voucher scheme.
- A generous relocation package if required
Salary – £30,000 – £36,000 excluding SEN allowance.
If you are looking for this positive challenge, please do get in touch with us.
To apply please send your CV and contact details. Or call at Forward Teaching on 02036331444.
If you refer a friend you will receive £50 for the referral.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £36,000.00 /year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org