01 Mar LSA – Croydon
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT- LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON
A teaching assistant is required to support children who find it challenging to access the curriculum and make progress.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the children to support their educational needs and achieve the outcomes set out in their Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). They would need to be skilled in knowing when to step back in order to ensure that they develop independence and confidence.
You must be patient and caring and be a good team player. Previous experience of working with primary aged children in a school and with additional educational needs is essential. Applicants will need to use their initiative and adapt quickly and intuitively to the needs of the child as well as a having a willingness to learn and receive direction from others.
The successful applicant must have the following:
• Interest and enthusiasm for working with children and supporting learning
• Experience of caring for or working with primary aged children
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills: English & Math’s GCSE, C or above
• A flexible and creative approach
Benefits the candidate can expect:
• Being part of a successful and caring primary school community
• Continued professional development training
• Lovely children and staff team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
START DATE: September 2020
To apply please send your CV and contact details. Or Call Lottie at Forward Teaching on 02036331444.
If you refer a friend, you will receive £50 for the referral.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com